[Peace-discuss] Fwd: Anti-Bush Sign Has Bridge World -- It's a small world after all!!!!!

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Sat Nov 17 11:49:29 CST 2007

On Sat, Nov 17, 2007 at 12:06:50AM -0800, Jenifer Cartwright wrote:
>   Guess what, Folks -- Jan Martel (the incensed President of US Bridge Federation) is... Milton Friedman's daughter!!!! (Small world, huh???)
>
>   Again, here's the link http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/14/arts/14brid.html?8dpc=&_r=1&oref=slogin&pagewanted=all

Wondering where Jenifer found the Jan Martel / Milton Friedman connection,
a little googling turned up this entertaining thread:

    http://reddit.com/info/60k72/comments

I especially like this bit.   Note that at least one
reader knows the women personally:

    Yst 5 points 3 days ago [-]

    This is what I call fulfilling the duties of citizenship. Citizenship
    isn't just about fulfilling one's democratic duty to act politically
    within one's nation. It's about fulfilling one's duty to act on behalf
    of one's nation abroad. The government is not the mouthpiece of the
    nation save in intergovernmental dialogue. These people decided to
    spread the word that not all Americans are properly represented by
    the self-interested idiots and thieves in charge. And the better
    for it. The United States needs a giant image overhaul, and the
    government isn't going to make that happen.

	BridgeBum 3 points 2 days ago [-]

	I'll be sure and share that with Debbie and the others. I'm sure
	they'd be happy for any support they can get right now.