[Peace-discuss] Dems say surge worked

n.dahlheim at mchsi.com n.dahlheim at mchsi.com
Mon Nov 26 14:27:59 CST 2007

Democrats are basically shooting themselves in the foot.  The legions of voters who came out to the
polls in November 2006 disgusted with the economy and its lack of jobs and stability, angry about the
Iraq war and the massive deceit and fraud surrounding it, and embitterd about the sustained assault on
Constitutional rights and liberties that the Bush Administration has administered during its tenure in
office have felt betrayed.  Many of these voters likely will not show up at the polls to vote for a pro-war
Obama or Hillary, and they will be even less likely to vote for their Democratic Congressman or Senator
who has a track record of letting them down since last November.  Only the right-wing religious groups
and paranoid believers in the Bush Administration's fear propagation (notwithstanding the clear
evidence of the 9/11 fraud) could show up at the polls in 2008....

Nonetheless, electoral politics really don't matter as the system is hopelessly broken and beholden to
special interest groups and the uber wealthy....  A relocalization of politics and economics for the sake
of the economy as well as the ecology is th ultimate direction in which social change must head.