[Peace-discuss] Fwd: collecting stuff for flier -- seeking your opinion on what I should be looking for

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 30 16:29:13 CST 2007

Hey Karen-

If you still want input, my thoughts would be two:

(1) vets not receiving services they've been promised (I personally know of VA employees ordered
to deny all claims pro forma, without even processing, until the individual vet files an appeal -
that was the order - 'don't process any claim, just deny them all, until they file for appeal,
then process them; there are of course the cuts in services, closing VA's, etc; but also VA
practices such as collecting social security numbers - and thus funding - from prisoners who are
vets, by informing them of services for which they are not eligible or which otherwise are not
available; etc)

(2) and "fallguys" i.e. ordinary soldiers prosecuted for govt policies/crimes in which they may
have participated, but in which officials above them in the chain also share(d) responsibility.

Just a couple ideas...

Ricky