[Peace-discuss] Greenspan on oil -- the rest of the story

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 1 18:12:27 CDT 2007

Don't shoot the messenger....

  I heard Greenspan on (I think) C-SPAN/booknotes a day or so before he was on DN! (where he gave very little explanation of his statement). When the interviewer FINALLY asked him about his statement that the Iraq war was all about oil (I'm paraphrasing), Greenspan said (paraphrasing again) that he was convinced that certain actions of Saddam Hussein's indicated that his agenda was to overthrow other regimes in the region and to take control of all the oil in the middle east, which would destabilize the entire region (including Israel) and bring untold suffering to millions. Greenspan said that-- for this reason -- Saddam Hussein had to be stopped and that he was glad the US had done so.

  I (obviously) do NOT agree that Greenspan was right, I am only telling you what he SAID. If you have arguments to counter this, please get back to Alan Greenspan, not me!!

  Thanks,
  Jenifer