[Peace-discuss] another acute article from Scott Ritter: "The Big Lie: 'Iran Is A Threat'"

Laurie at advancenet.net laurie at advancenet.net
Tue Oct 9 13:27:41 CDT 2007

Stuart,

I really have to wonder if our public officials don't already know all these things but choose to deliberately ignore them; or having bought into the establishment premises, they assume and project onto others what they would do if they were in the position of the others such that any dissonance would be resolved in favor of the premises that they hold.

I find that most of the discussions and writings tend to be directed to the true believers and preach to the choir but are never taken seriously by those outside that small circle.  Even the majority of the population in the US who are against these wars are typically not so on principle or moral grounds but on pragmatic and economic grounds (e.g., their friends and family are getting killed and injured, it is costing too much in taxpayer dollars, it is creating too may hassles and restrictions on their daily lives, it is lasting too long and taking up too much of their time having to deal with the topic, etc.)