[Peace-discuss] Re: [Peace] Champaign City Council Votes 6-3 Against Section 8

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Wed Oct 10 09:59:10 CDT 2007

John Wason wrote:
>   I reiterate....it seems like the very definition of
>   futility to serve on any of the City of Champaign's
>   "Human Relations" type commissions.

John is very right.

The Champaign City Council ignored the Human Rights Council's suggestions after a year of work on the wording regarding the Section 8.

The City Council also ignored all the work that was done for the Citizen's Police Review Board, which was more than 1 years worth of work.

-karen medina