[Peace-discuss] don't attack Iran posters and Oct 27 - feedback requested...

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 10:15:22 CDT 2007

some of the folks going to Chicago for Oct. 27 would like to take some
version of a "don't attack Iran" poster.

as it happens, some UFPJ folks will be considering the question today of
trying to make a poster centrally available on the UFPJ website for this
purpose. so I thought I would put this on the floor. here are some options.

there are three things on the UFPJ site that might be relevant.

- there is already a visually nice UFPJ poster. on the upside - it already
exists, and can be had for a dollar, less in bulk. on the downside, it says
"stop the escalation, no war with Iran," which isn't the most
compelling/contemporary message re: Iraq.
https://unitedforpeace.rdsecure.org/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/24/products_id/106

- another place on the site there is a Word document poster. Not
particularly compelling visually, but easy to use. It just says, "no war on
Iran."
http://www.unitedforpeace.org/downloads/NO%20WAR%20on%20Iran.doc

- in the UFPJ "store" there is a nice postcard from the Syracuse Cultural
Workers. It says, "Do Not Attack Iran/Stop the Madness/End the Occupation of
Iraq Now." This would be great as a poster. We could ask SCW for a higher
resolution of the graphic...?
https://unitedforpeace.rdsecure.org/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/118

--
Robert Naiman