[Peace-discuss] Anti-war legislation in Congress

Matt Reichel mattreichel at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 24 17:11:22 CDT 2007

I believe that the reason that the two parties are able to get away with such excessive war mongering in spite of the opposition of the majority of the American people has to do with the fact that only a relatively small minority are truly opposed to the war on moral grounds. . .

We have been opposed to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan since the beginning based largely on the disgusting moral nature of having a superpower police force pummel small, relatively poor countries, while backing up their actions with obvious lies. We have known our political leaders to be morally inferior to ourselves, and did not expect that to stop after 9-11.

However, the majority of Americans who oppose the war are against it because we don't seem to be winning. They would have been quite happy if the armed forces went and blew those Arabs back to the stone age and then got out of there.

If this wasn't the case, you would see massive demonstrations on a daily basis, backed by general strikes in at least the education sector. If professors throughout the country would get together and pledge a general strike against this irresponsible administration, the predatory lenders that control the education system would go into freak out mode . . . and THEN things would start happening . .

-
mer