[Peace-discuss] Restore Habeas Corpus

Patricia Fettig pfettig at prairienet.org
Tue Sep 18 19:11:12 CDT 2007

This message was sent to me. I think it is worth considering.

Pat

This week the Senate is going to vote on Leahy-Specter-Dodd's
Restoration of Habeas Corpus Act.

We have a very real chance to rollback the Bush Administration's assault
on the Constitution in a very fundamental way.

The vote is going to be a close one, and could very well come down to
grassroots participation and pressure.

First step: Sign on as a citizen co-sponsor of the bill and ask five
people to do the same.

 From there, we'll receive direction on which Senators need to be
persuaded to vote YES on this critical piece of legislation.

http://restore-habeas.org/

http://restore-habeas.org