[Peace-discuss] The Clinton/Bush generation

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 16:50:20 CDT 2007

At 09:42 PM 9/18/2007, C. G. Estabrook wrote:

>[There are few things more disgusting in contemporary US politics than a
>Democrat slavering for a Clinton Restoration.  Bush is in fact a
>thoroughly worthy purveyor of the Clinton legacy, as Bill Clinton himself
>was of Bush I/Reagan. A pox on both their houses. --CGE]

Just imagine....if Hillary Clinton is elected President in 2008, and serves
out two full terms, we will have had either a Clinton or a Bush in the
White House for 28 consecutive years!  Add to that Reagan's 8 years, and
you have more than a third of a century of mind-numbing, economy-draining
corporate conservatism.

Carl, what was your professorial reaction to this sentence:  "NAFTA would
also, we were told, staunch Mexican immigration into the United States. . ." ?

JW