[Peace-discuss] Request for Co-sponsorship of Cliff Thornton event

Tom Abram tabram at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 20:41:56 CDT 2008

The Prairie Green Party is bringing Cliff Thornton speak about the
casualties of the drug war.  He'll will be speaking about the human impact
of the drug war, particularly on people of color and low-income.  He will
encourage us to re-examine our drug policies and how to change them to
result in a more socially just system.  Thornton is of the drug reform group
Efficacy and was on the board of the NORML from 1999 to 2008.  He was the
Green Party candidate for Governor in Connecticut in 2006 and is currently a
co-chair of the Green Party of the United States.

The event is on Tuesday, April 15 at 7pm at 112 Chem Annex.

Would AWARE be interested in co-sponsorship for this event?  We have the
necessary funds, so we just want non-financial support and help spreading
the word.

Thanks,
Tom Abram
Prairie Greens