[Peace-discuss] Scam re Cokie

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 10 14:07:52 CDT 2008

The only scam I see in the matter is the one Glenn Greenwald identified, with
Cokie as an example: "The single most dishonest and propagandistic tactic of
establishment journalists is to take their own opinion and assert as a fact that
'most Americans' agree with them, even when that assertion is indisputably false
... simultaneously holding themselves out as Spokesmen for the Regular People
while showing complete contempt for what they actually think by lying about
their views." --CGE