[Peace-discuss] Peer Ambassador Youth Summit Sat 4/19 -- should AWARE do this?

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 10 13:44:28 CDT 2008

This came to the AWARE mailing list.  Do we want to participate
on Saturday the 19th?  I'd think the main angle for us, if any,
would be counter-recruitment.

What they ask of us if we do (from the registration form, attached)

  - staff a resource-fair/scavenger-hunt table, 10am-11am.  Set up ~9:30am.
  - interact with young people while they 'hunt' for resources.
    They'll be given scenario cards -- teen pregnancy, drug abuse,
    sexual health (what about military recruiters calling??) --
    and visit 'agencies' (like us) offering services
  - have small giveaways to offer at the table
  - to promote the event

It doesn't seem like a great match to me, but what do others think?