[Peace-discuss] Warmongers

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 17 00:49:43 CDT 2008

THURSDAY 17 APRIL 2008 <http://www.france24.com/>:

...At a televised debate ahead of next Tuesday's Pennsylvania primary, Hillary
Clinton and Barack Obama agreed that a nuclear-armed Iran was unacceptable.

...Iran should be presented with "carrots and sticks," the Illinois senator
said, while stressing "they should also know that I will take no options off the
table* when it comes to preventing them from using nuclear weapons or obtaining
nuclear weapons."

"We cannot permit Iran to become a nuclear weapons power," Clinton said...

Obama earlier pledged to Jewish voters here that he would do his utmost to help
Israel fend off any regional threat, as he criticized ex-president Jimmy Carter
for seeking to meet with Hamas leaders...

*In other words, Obama is threatening Iran with attack, even a nuclear attack,
to prevent it from obtaining nuclear weapons. That of course has been his
position since he ran for the Senate, but such a threat from any government is
itself a violation of the UN charter.  --CGE