[Peace-discuss] Re: The Public i and free speech

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 20 17:35:25 CDT 2008

I may or may not understand it, of course, Carl.  But I figure you believe in free
speech or you don’t.  True, a lot of people are willing to make exceptions for explicit
threats – but not usually for deleting a few words of disputed claims.

Anyway, your argument is particularly curious in light of previous positions you took.
I seem to recall a leaflet you printed up with AWARE’s name on it – after AWARE had
read the leaflet and expressed the group’s explicit wishes to you: distribute the
leaflet if you like, of course, but without AWARE’s permission to use our name, please
(no threat to sue).  Hm.

As I’ve said many times I agree with you about 95 percent of the time, but I just can’t
go here with you.

Ricky