[Peace-discuss] Esther

Bob Illyes illyes at uiuc.edu
Mon Apr 21 15:07:06 CDT 2008

As far as I know, there is only one Esther Patt in town, Wayne. She's
active in the ACLU, the UIUC Tenant's Union (which I think she founded),
and was recently on the Urbana City Council.

Esther was attacked by one of Urbana's wild turkeys a while back. I don't
know what Esther did to provoke the turkey. The battle over wild turkey
removal seems to have been a proxy war between the two major parties, with
Republicans siding with the turkeys, so perhaps we have an explanation for
the attack.

Bob