[Peace-discuss] my obituary

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 22 02:02:30 CDT 2008

My favorite obit was the one (printed in the NG a few years ago) that ended: Memorial contributions may be made to any group working to defeat George W Bush for president.
   --Jenifer

"John W." <jbw292002 at gmail.com> wrote:
  At 09:45 PM 4/21/2008, Robert Naiman wrote:

>if anyone on this list happens to be around when my obituary for the
>news-gazette is being prepared, i'd be much obliged if you would lobby
>for the inclusion of the following text:
>
>"some activists even compared naiman's contributions to struggles for
>social justice to those of the legendary esther patt."

You can write up your obituary ahead of time, you know, and have it ready
for submission in the event of your demise. A newspaper will print, within
reason, pretty much whatever is submitted by way of obituary. No need to
"lobby".

Just wanted to set your mind at ease, Bob.

John Wason