[Peace-discuss] respecting authority (was "Seminar")

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Tue Apr 22 13:07:08 CDT 2008

My brother once got thrown up against the wall at an airport security
checkpoint. He had forgotten to get his change out of the container and they
called him back to get it. He made a joke -- something like "I thought you
might want to keep it" and the woman security officer threw him against the
wall, frisked him, and told him it wasn't funny.

I have no idea how my brother triggered this reaction. Maybe she had lots of
men refusing to respect her authority or something.

It scared the bejeevers out of me. I was glad my nephews were not with us. That
kind of thing leaves an impression for a long time.

-karen medina