[Peace-discuss] Clarification on the Brumleve name

Karen Capel kcapel at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 24 15:36:37 CDT 2008

In reference to my earlier confusion about the person in question
named Brumleve (see: 4.16.2008 "Re: Urbana City Council meeting last
night -- what's in a name?"), I received the following today as part of a note.

It is my understanding that he has submitted this for publication in
the letters to the editor section of the News-Gazette.  Apparently I
am not the only person to have been confused over the name.  My
friend and his family have endured much undeserved harassment and
stress because of the doings of the other person with the similar name.

I hope that this matter is resolved soon and that all this comes to a
quick close.

Karen Capel

**************************

Dear Community (or Editor):

I would like my friends and neighbors and the entire Champaign-Urbana community
to know that I, Dr. Timothy Robert Brumleve of Urbana, am not the same person
as Mr. Timothy A. Brumleve, also of Urbana, whose airing of controversial
videos on Urbana public access cable television has recently drawn criticism
from the community.

It is unfortunate that in a relatively small community like Champaign-Urbana,
two individuals with the same first and last names, with diametrically-opposed
opinions, might be confused with each other.

Sincerely,

Dr. Timothy Robert Brumleve, Ph.D.
Urbana, Illinois