[Peace-discuss] Lesser-evilism

Neil Parthun lennybrucefan at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 12:34:44 CDT 2008

Good intentions?  Obama has clearly stated a continued, if not
permanent, military presence in Iraq and Afghanistan.  I look at what
he's said and judge accordingly.  That's common sense.

There is something better than having a left and right wing of a War
Party.  Arguing against imperial policies being espoused by both
parties is not "foolish or worse".  It is common decency for the
people that will die as a result of these policies.

There is only this moment,

      Neil

  We absolutely have to refuse to attribute any kind of permanency to
that which is simply because it is.
[angela v. davis, 1944-]

The point is, the only real tools we have are our eyes and our heads.
Its not the act of seeing with our own eyes alone; its correctly
comprehending what we see.
[warren ellis, 1968-]