[Peace-discuss] U.S. House Passes Resolution Apologizing for Slavery

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Sat Aug 2 11:58:38 CDT 2008

I find it absolutely appalling that the Congress has the gall to make
some empty rhetoric about
apologizing for one sort of slavery which me and my family never
participated in.

At the same time no apology should be expected to come forth any time
soon for anything meaningful
such as for continually imposing  on us the forced servitude of
collectivism (/which is de facto slavery/),
for continually eroding our personal liberties,
for trampling on the Constitution (our By-laws),
for ignoring the message and intent of the Declaration of Independence
(our Charter),
for taking the fruits of our labour against our will,
for coercing our children into military service for the purpose of
empire-building of by force of law or by force of deception,
for many other similar insults to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness
too numerous to mention,

...and for making vacuous resolutions.