[Peace-discuss] Pelosi's (and vanden Heuvel's) acquiescence

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Wed Aug 6 10:18:53 CDT 2008

This doesn't even make sense.

Pelosi won't use the constitutional mechanism of impeachment because to do so
would mean that "the wealthiest 1% would suck the money out of the middle class
and create a caste system" (presumably because the Republican party would regain
control of the House)?!

And vanden Heuvel thinks that "now we understand Pelosi's long term vision"?!

How can either of these people be taken seriously?  And BTW, the wealthiest 1%
are doing very nicely now, thank you: they received 22% of the national income
in 2006, the highest percentage since 1929 (and that led to some
unpleasantness).  --CGE