[Peace-discuss] underestimating the boundlessness of stupidity

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Thu Aug 14 12:35:02 CDT 2008

Heinlein parroted Goethe in saying that we ought not attribute to malice
what can be explained by stupidity.
Goethe could not have been the first to make the observation

Now there can be no doubt that there is malice intended in the article
quoted below,
but it still is best explained as stupidity.   I would have expected
something like this
at the Onion.  This tidbit of surrealism is intended to be serious and
was sent to my email box just this morning
by our dear friends over at the McCain campaign.

*Obama: The man who would be McCain*
http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=99875025-3048-5C12-00F1EEBC81C8E676

/"...Barack Obama is a John McCain wannabe..."
/

***
It is pretty hard for me to imagine the aspirations of a "McCain wannabe".

It reminds me of the story about Worm Ranching, how every boy dreams
of running a big Worm Ranch...a Wormboy...Wormboy hat, Wormboy boots...
It takes a short horse to drive a bunch of earthworms...