[Peace-discuss] Who's running for Vice President?

Jan & Durl Kruse jandurl at comcast.net
Tue Aug 26 13:10:29 CDT 2008

On Aug 26, 2008, at 10:58 AM, Ricky Baldwin wrote:

Cynthia McKinney has a very good speech reprinted in this month's Z
Magazine, and she has been courageous on several fronts.
Basically, I like her.  But as a friend recently pointed out to me, her
running mate confuses Iran and Iraq when speaking and just generally
isn't that great in talking about issues - so, though a Green vote
would be good, I'd be worried about my "protest vote" getting tallied
in the "crackpot vote" column too easily.
Ricky Baldwin

"Only those who do nothing make no mistakes." - Peter Kropotkin

"So those who do something might make some mistakes"........ Let's name
Cynthia McKinney's running mate: "Rosa Clemente".
She apparently made a mistake.
.......and when it comes to casting your vote and the possibility of it
being tallied in the crackpot column.......
I guess I can think of some folks I'd call "crackpots" and somehow they
are in charge of things locally, at the state level and and in DC...
(both congress and the white house)....... so I'm not too worried about
a vote of conscience even if it's for a person who has made a
mistake....
For those interested here is more about Cynthia McKinney's running
mate: Rosa Clemente:  It looks like she has done "something"  and
according to Peter Kropotkin that means she's probably made a few
mistakes too................

http://www.rosaclemente.com/index.html

Rosa Clemente

Rosa Alicia Clemente is a community organizer, journalist and Hip-Hop
activist. Born and raised in the South Bronx she is a graduate of the
University of Albany and Cornell University. A much sought after
commentator, political activist, community organize and independent
reporter, Rosa has been delivering workshops, presentations and
commentary for over ten years. Chuck D says “When you need a dynamic,
stylish women to get your campaign going or to get your organization
excited about activism, Rosa is the person you are looking for, she
speaks from the heart with truth, fire and passion. She is one of this
generations’ most important political voices and community organizers.”

Rosa’s academic work has been dedicated to researching national
liberation struggles inside the United States, with a specific focus on
the Young Lords Party and the Black Liberation Army. While a student at
SUNY Albany, she was President of the Albany State University Black
Alliance (ASUBA) and Director of Multicultural Affairs for the Student
Association. At Cornell she was a founding member of La Voz Boriken, a
social/political organization dedicated to supporting Puerto Rican
political prisoners and the independence of Puerto Rico.

Rosa has written for Clamor Magazine, The Ave. magazine, The Black
World Today, The Final Call and numerous websites. She has been the
subject of articles in the Village Voice, The New York Times, Urban
Latino, and The Source magazine. She has appeared on CNN, C-Span,
Democracy Now and Street Soldiers. In 2001 she was a youth
representative at the United Nations World Conference against
Xenophobia, Racism and Related Intolerance in South Africa and in 2002
was named by Red Eye Magazine as one of the top 50 Hip Hop Activists to
look out for. In 1995 she developed Know Thy Self Productions, is a
full service speakers bureaus, production company and media consulting
services. Seeing a need for young people of color to be heard and taken
seriously she began presenting workshops and lectures at colleges,
universities, high schools, and prisons. In the past ten years she has
presented at over 200 colleges, conferences and community centers on
topics such as; African-American and Latino/a Intercultural Relations,
Hip-Hop Activism, The History of the Young Lords Party, and Women,
Feminism and Hip Hop. KTSP now includes an expanded college speakers
bureau which has produced three major Hip Hop activism tours, Dare to
Struggle, Dare to Win with M1 of dead prez and Fred Hampton Jr.; The
ACLU College Freedom Tour with dead prez, DJ Kuttin Kandi, Mystic and
comedian Dave Chapelle; and the Speak Truth to Power Tour a
collaborative tour of award winning youth activists.

In 2003 Rosa helped formed and coordinate the first ever National Hip
Hop Political Convention that drew over 3000 activists who came
together to create and implement a national political agenda for the
Hip-Hop generation. . As an independent journalist 10 days after
Hurricane Katrina ravaged parts of the south, Rosa traveled to the
areas as an independent journalist and her on the ground reports were
reported on independent radio stations all over the world, including
Air America, NPR, Pacifica Radio, Democracy Now, Indymedia, Hard Knock
Radio and many more independent and mainstream media outlets. Davey D,
prominent hip hop historian and founder of the largest Hip Hop website
www.davdyd.com, says about Rosa, “Hip Hop activist Rosa Clemente is one
of the few ‘non-mainstream journalist allowed into New Orleans where
the flood waters and damage has occurred. She brings to us a
heart-wrenching eye opening account of what’s really going on… She
talks about the smell of death in the air and how things are much worse
then we could ever imagine.”