[Peace-discuss] Trumping the Constitution

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 16:17:02 CDT 2008

I'm stunned that I have to defend international law in these
precincts. In the salad days of my youth as a peace activist, one
could assume that people who considered themselves peace activists not
only respected international law, but saw themselves as obligated to
defend it.

Is it your position, Bob, that the US is not bound by international
law? That the US invasion of Iraq did not violate US obligations under
the UN Charter?

If this is not your position, why so glib about this crucial fact?