[Peace-discuss] McCain Hypes the "Threat" from Iran

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 16:48:49 CDT 2008

two things: yes, in the long run, and two, yes, i think the interests
of the majority are a strong determinant, in any situation where the
ability of the majority to articulate their interests is not brutally
suppressed. in the case of iraq, the iraqi government has clearly bent
repeatedly in the direction of public opinion, even in the face of
strong U.S. pressure.