[Peace-discuss] Alex Cockburn on VPs

Matt Reichel mattreichel at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 31 09:27:25 CDT 2008

Carl -

You left out the best part of Alex's gem:

"You want drowsy Sarah Palin getting that 3am phone call from the Situation Room, in charming décolleté, her hair down, snuggled under the soft mounds of grizzly pelt? Or you want Joe Biden, still talking even in his sleep? Who would not wish to take off Sarah’s spectacles and liberate those rich, heaped-up tresses? It’s that librarian look so reminiscent of  Laura Bush in happier days, back among the stacks in the Public Library in Midland which I visited in 2001, mostly to view the crossroads where 17-year Laura broadsided her boyfriend in that so-tragic “accident”."

-
matt e r> Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 21:10:40 -0500> From: galliher at uiuc.edu> To: peace-discuss at anti-war.net> Subject: [Peace-discuss] Alex Cockburn on VPs> > "Of course, the choice could blow up in McCain’s face, but between the two> presidential nominees’ performance in Veep selection, I prefer McCain’s. From> him we get Palin, who is already making the race a lot more fun. From Obama we> got Biden. Already, when Biden flashes that grin I want to throw a shoe through> the tv set. Palin only looks a bit like the dead DC Madam. Biden is a seasoned,> living madam in the DC brothel."> _______________________________________________> Peace-discuss mailing list> Peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net> http://lists.chambana.net/cgi-bin/listinfo/peace-discuss