[Peace-discuss] Kinzer: Surge Diplomacy, Not Troops, in Afghanistan

Morton K. Brussel brussel at illinois.edu
Mon Dec 8 17:57:31 CST 2008

  I believe you do not know for sure how Obama et al. would react if
there were sufficiently large and organized (non violent) protests
against his articulated policies in Afghanistan (and elsewhere).
Since you can't be sure, is it not better to hope and act then simply
to sit on your hands. Hope can be a mobilizing force.

Your assertions of futility may turn out to be true, even probable,
but so far they are unproven. Your caveat  "until a significant event
or series of significant events causes it to reconsider" can include
protests /demands from a mass of people.

--mkb