[Peace-discuss] socializing an industry -- good but also bad

Karen Medina kmedina at illinois.edu
Wed Dec 10 17:53:12 CST 2008

>   Amen to all that!, and I'd add to the list "food,
>   energy and essential services" health insurance, the
>   railroads. The profit motive (capitalism) in
>   "essential institutions or industries" is not one
>   which can be trusted to lead to the best and most
>   efficient services for all the people, and which
>   will lead to a sustainable society.    --mkb

Car industries too?

Banks, I kind of like that idea.

I'll just point out that horrible things can happen to natural resources in the hands
of the wrong executive (James Watt was a horrible Secretary of the Interior).

What is to keep a state owned industry from being mismanaged the same way?
Schools, for example, are being mismanaged. FEMA.

-karen medina