[Peace-discuss] Fw: CCR's Continued Fight for Social Justice

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 12 18:12:42 CST 2008

--- On Fri, 12/12/08, Kevi Brannelly, CCR <donations at ccrjustice.org> wrote:

From: Kevi Brannelly, CCR <donations at ccrjustice.org>
Subject: CCR's Continued Fight for Social Justice
To: jencart13 at yahoo.com
Date: Friday, December 12, 2008, 8:03 AM

center
for
constitutional
rights

Dear Jenifer
Many of us worked hard for change this fall. We now have a responsibility to make sure that promise of change becomes a reality. At the Center for Constitutional Rights, our work has never been more important nor our opportunity to make an impact so great. There is much to be done in 2009 to repair the damage to the Constitution and to the nation's record on human and civil rights.
As you plan your year-end giving, I hope you will consider making a tax-deductible donation to CCR. While Congress approved a $700 billion bailout plan to help fix the economy, there is no bailout plan to restore the Constitution - only together can we ensure that our rights and civil liberties are restored. Your gift will help fuel our 100 Days Campaign, which outlines what President Obama can do, often with the simple stroke of a pen, to neutralize the Bush legacy and restore the Constitution within his first 100 days in office.
Another way to help is to combine your gift-giving with your social justice work. Consider making a gift to CCR in honor of a friend or family member who shares your values. Your friend will be notified of the gift and how it helps CCR advance and protect the rights guaranteed in the U.S. Constitution and Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
Want to make a gift that keeps on giving? How about setting up a recurring gift to CCR (we have monthly and quarterly options). Your sustained support will help CCR's efforts on behalf of human rights throughout the year.
For more than 40 years, the Center for Constitutional Rights has fought segregation and racial profiling, battled for reproductive rights, held oil companies accountable for human rights abuses overseas, and led key challenges to the government's detention and interrogation policies in the wake of 9/11, at home, in Guantanamo, and throughout the world.
As we approach a new year full of hope and possibilities, I ask that you support CCR's continued fight for accountability for the past and a socially just world for the future.
Wishing you the best in the New Year,

Kevi Brannelly
Director of Development
P.S. If you're a member of Credo/Working Assets, please vote for CCR as your charity of choice at www.WorkingAssets.com/Voting. The more votes we get, the more funding we receive. Don't wait, the deadline is December 31st!

Take
Action

Donate

This email was sent to the address: jencart13 at yahoo.com.
Click here to unsubscribe from CCR Emails.

Center for Constitutional Rights ll 666 Broadway 7th floor NY, NY 10012 ll 212-614-6464 ll www.ccrjustice.org