[Peace-discuss] Fw: Obama House Parties: Special Prosecutor for Bush

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 12 18:17:29 CST 2008

--- On Fri, 12/12/08, Democrats.com <activist at democrats.com> wrote:

From: Democrats.com <activist at democrats.com>
Subject: Obama House Parties: Special Prosecutor for Bush
To: jencart13 at yahoo.com
Date: Friday, December 12, 2008, 3:31 PM

Obama House Parties: Special Prosecutor for Bush
This weekend, Barack Obama's campaign is organizing "Change is Coming" house meetings to transfer the amazing energy and enthusiasm of the campaign over to the hard work of governing. You can search for a meeting near you:
http://my.barackobama.com/page/content/changeiscoming/
We support all of Obama's top priorities, starting with economic growth based on green jobs, and universal health care. But we do not want him to give in to pressure from Republicans and the corrupt Washington Establishment to sweep the heinous crimes of the Bush Administration under the rug.
This week we asked President-elect Obama to appoint a Special Prosecutor - ideally Patrick Fitzgerald - to independently investigate the gravest crimes of the Bush Administration, including torture and warrantless wiretapping.. Our question came in 6th for all questions submitted to Obama:
http://change.gov/page/content/20081211_openforquestions
If you want to help promote a Special Prosecutor, please attend a "Change is Coming" meeting near you:
http://my.barackobama.com/page/content/changeiscoming/
Share your experiences in the comments here:
http://tinyurl.com/5bxe3e
Thanks for all you do!
Bob Fertik
_______________________ Sponsored Message
Affordable, Meaningful & Sustainable Holiday & Travel Gifts

Are you, a family member or friend traveling this holiday season?  Looking for the right affordable gift or stocking stuffer?  Give meaningful gifts that help stop global warming from holiday travel and other activities, while they benefit local communities and family farmers.
The gift of NativeEnergy carbon offsets helps build new renewable & energy efficiency projects that reduce greenhouse gases, making up for the CO2 emissions you or loved ones can't avoid. It also creates local jobs, and helps communities save money and provide cleaner environments. Solve your holiday gift problems now, with NativeEnergy!
_______________________
Nadler Resolution Has 9 Co-Sponsors

 Thanks to your emails and calls, Rep. Jerrold Nadler's resolution against pardons and for a Special Prosecutor (H.Res. 1531) now has 9 co-sponsors:

Tammy Baldwin (WI02), Steve Cohen (TN09), Barney Frank (MA04), Barbara Lee (CA09), John Lewis (GA05), Carolyn Maloney (NY14), Ed Pastor (AZ04), Pete Stark (CA13), and Robert Wexler (FL19).
If one of them represents you, please call their office at 202-224-3121 to say thanks. Otherwise call your Representative and ask why they have not co-sponsored H.Res. 1531, and (politely) demand that they do.
And if you haven't signed our petition yet, please join over 47,000 who have:
http://www.democrats.com/nadler-pardons

_______________________
College Students: Host the Backbone Campaign's Procession for the Future on Your Campus this Spring!
The Backbone Campaign's Procession for the Future parade consists of over 20 giant puppets, icons and colorful banners. The Procession stands out and communicates that We the People are taking the lead, that progressive solutions are attainable for a beautiful future, and that being part of the movement is loads of fun.
The draft Spring '09 tour schedule is:
Tempe, AZ Feb. 28 - March 1
Albuquerque, NM - March 3
Boulder, CO- March 5-8
Austin, TX - March 12-14
?Gainesville, FL - March 18-21?
Atlanta, GA -March 25-28
Raleigh-Durham, NC - April 1-4
New York, NY - April 8-11
Hartford, CT - April 13-14
Boston, MA - April 16-18
Amherst, MA - April 22-25
Madison, WI - April 29-May 1
Chicago, IL - or - Minneapolis-St Paul - May 6-9
We need to schedule our stops and create local host committees as soon as possible. Funding to bring the imagery and artist-organizers is in place! Local host committees and campus organizations will be responsible for local logistics, volunteer recruitment, promotion, and honorariums and travel expenses for speakers and additional trainers.
Learn more and join a host committee by visiting:
http://backbonecampaign.org/storydetail.cfm?id=244

#####

Forward this message to everyone you know!
To subscribe, create a free Democrats.com account here:
http://www.democrats.com/user/register
To unsubscribe from Democrats.com Activist Alerts, click here:
http://archive.democrats.com/unsub.cfm?email=jencart13@yahoo.com&fieldname=L16
To unsubscribe from all Democrats.com email lists, click here:
http://archive.democrats.com/unsub.cfm?email=jencart13@yahoo.com&fieldname=L1