[Peace-discuss] GEO in the News - Gazette

Marti Wilkinson martiwilki at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 16:43:09 CST 2008

My understanding is the person who is responsible for sonograms at McKInley
is retiring and the U of I is not replacing the individual. Being a sonogram
technician is specialized field and the refusal to hire a replacement pretty
much amounts to a discontinuation of the service.  So any time a student has
to go to another clinic for a medical service/screening the costs are out of
network.

As both a endometriosis and cancer survivor I can say that sonograms are a
very invaluable screening tool for me and I would hate to see young women
denied access just because the U of I is too cheap to hire a replacement.