[Peace-discuss] Fw: Fight for just treatment of all workers

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 18 02:40:30 CST 2008

Davin J,
I know that what you say is 'way too often the case, and it may have been thus at the time. But what good did it do for those folks to attack Conyers?? Did that make Conyers say, O gosh, I better buck my colleagues and earn their disapproval if I wanna stay in Code Pink and Cindy Sheehan's good graces??  And the next time there's a flap, maybe Conyers'll be even less likely to stick his neck in a noose... because those activists didn't go after the bad guys, they went after a not-as-good-as-they-hoped pretty good guy. Sometimes I wonder if (some, too many) peace activists are doing more harm than good to the peace process.
 --Jenifer