more-Re: [Peace-discuss] making progress on transparency in Urbana

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Thu Dec 18 22:27:43 CST 2008

another comment on transparency---

Thank you for this post and what a great precedent indeed!
On December 18th, 2008 Anisha says:
Here in Ramsey County, MN., we too had a Libertarian candidate, Jim
Schottmuller who pledged he would revert to a 'reduction' in pay, assess
the office of County commissioner, for which he was running, and cut
'fluff', that he would guarantee transparency on the internet for all
citizens. We were hopeful that 'change' for the good was finally coming
our way.
All of us local Paulers supported him amongst many others. For so long
he seemed to have the majority of support. His signs were always damaged
or stolen.
Sadly, he did not win. The old guard won despite numerous complaints of
corruption and mismanagement. People are so stupid and don' t pay attention.
Attending the debate with the League of Women voters, what got brought
out in the debate betrayed the hideous administration of these County
commissioners who had been in power for 12 years. Both district
commissioners could barely conceal their shame and embarrassment. Yet,
they both won despite the truth and exposure. So go figure. In Minnesota
here, votes are pretty secure, so the chances of 'fixing' votes would
not be realisitic. Its the complacency and stupidity of the people that
these 'rats' rely on to stay in power.
We will continue to attend meetings more than ever now and 'demand'
transparency knowing what we know now.
Thank you again for the positive post!