[Peace-discuss] making progress on transparency in Urbana

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 01:56:18 CST 2008

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 6:24 PM, E. Wayne Johnson <ewj at pigs.ag> wrote:

 We have been working about 10 months on getting transparency in
> city government in urbana.  We were finally successful  in getting an
> resolution
> passed this past Monday.  Thanks to all who helped on this project.
>
> There is also a video of Mayor Laurel Lunt Prussing throwing a little hissy
> fit about it.
>

> Posted at IlliniPundit:
>
> http://www.illinipundit.com/2008/12/18/resolution-provide-transparency-passes-urbana-city-council-despite-protestation-mayor-pru
>
> Illini Pundit blog post links here to my website:
> http://www.liberty4urbana.com/drupal-6.8/node/34
>
> YouTube of Prussing's meltdown
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SScEyhX_XjA

The YouTube video did not, of course, present the entire context.  I've seen
mayors so much worse than Laurel Prussing that her minor display of
irritation with noxious Libertarians barely merits comment.  If you're
squeamish about that, I hope you never have to witness a REAL meltdown.
Hell, Mayor Schweighart gets more irritated than that every single council
meeting, and says MUCH more inappropriate things.