[Peace-discuss] making progress on transparency in Urbana

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Dec 19 11:14:52 CST 2008

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 09:24:08AM -0600, LAURIE SOLOMON wrote:
> I guess we should do what they do in TX  where they just booted their
> Governor out and into the Presidency for 8 years because he was such a bad
> governor.  Maybe the people of Urbana can as one of their requests to Obama
> get him to appoint her to some federal position in a location that keeps her
> far from Urbana. Do you think!

That's what the Californians thought when they got Richard Pombo
promoted from troublesome California state congressperson
to presumably-harmless US congressperson.  Once there, he worked
tirelessly to dismantle the Endangered Species Act and almost succeeded
before he ignominiously got kicked out of office in 2006.  No,
we don't want to promote people in hopes they'll become harmless fish
in a bigger pond.