[Peace-discuss] Fw: Freedland | Seasonal Forgiveness Has a Limit

unionyes unionyes at ameritech.net
Thu Dec 25 15:45:06 CST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "t r u t h o u t" <messenger at truthout.org>
To: <unionyes at ameritech.net>
Sent: Thursday, December 25, 2008 8:16 AM
Subject: Freedland | Seasonal Forgiveness Has a Limit

Freedland | Seasonal Forgiveness Has a Limit
http://www.truthout.org/122508Z
Jonathan Freedland, The Guardian UK: "'Tis the night before Christmas and
the season of goodwill. The mood is forgiving. Our faces warm with mulled
wine, our tummies full, we're meant to slump in the armchair, look back on
the year just gone and count our blessings - woozily agreeing to put our
troubles behind us. As in families, so in the realm of public and
international affairs. And this December that feels especially true. The
'war on terror' that dominated much of the decade seems to be heading
towards a kind of conclusion. George Bush will leave office in a matter of
weeks and British troops will leave Iraq a few months later. The first,
defining phase of the conflict that began on 9/11 - the war of Bush, Tony
Blair and Osama bin Laden - is about to slip from the present to the past
tense. Bush and Blair will be gone, with only Bin Laden still in post. The
urge to move on is palpable. Not so fast."

You are subscribed as: unionyes at ameritech.net
Click to REMOVE ->
mailto:leave-263318-105378.cf83dcd05728f7224b09fdae2e1d87e1 at newsletter.truthout.org

Go directly to our home page: http://www.truthout.org