[Peace-discuss] a Christmas message

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Thu Dec 25 16:53:28 CST 2008

I Maccabees and II Maccabees (apocryphal books to some but included in
the original King James)
place the feast of dedication (called the festival of lights by Josephus
Flavius) at 25 Kislev.
which is 14 December 164 BC.

Hanukkah is mobile relative to the Gregorian calendar.
December 5, 2007
December 22, 2008
December 12, 2009
December 2, 2010
December 21, 2011
December 9, 2012
November 28, 2013
December 17, 2014
December 7, 2015
December 25, 2016
December 13, 2017
December 3, 2018
December 23, 2019

The birth of John the Baptist can be established to have occurred at
Passover,
which makes sense considering his message which he preached:
"Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world" - John
1.29, and
"a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and
mighty in the scriptures"...
 "spoke and taught accurately enough about Jesus, even though he knew
only the baptism of John"
-Acts 18.24-28