[Peace-discuss] Israeli massacre in Gaza [and J Street PAC's call to end the violence and the blockade]

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Mon Dec 29 01:18:49 CST 2008

The J Street "call" begins with resistance to "pressure ... to pick a side" and
ends with (self-)praise for "those of us who see the shades of gray."  It's an
attempt to stave off what the world recognizes -- where the obvious blame for
mass murder belongs.

And it "represents the current role of the US as anything in particular" by
explicitly stating that "The United States ... must not wait - as they did in
the Israel-Lebanon crisis of 2006 [an interesting way to refer to an Israeli
invasion BTW] - for weeks to pass ... before intervening."

That's a flat lie about what the US did in 2006. It approved that invasion and
worked vigorously to prevent any attempt to interfere with it.  It's doing the
same now, so the implication that it's "waiting to intervene" is equally false.