[Peace-discuss] McCain-Lieberman

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 2 20:35:04 CST 2008

Yes, absolutely terrifying. Currently the evangelicals are throwing their weight behind Huckabee because they hate Romney, which of course benefits McCain... And now Nader is exploring a 4th run... So there're lots of things lots scarier than terrorists, bird flu, and even lame duck Bush et al out there.
   --Jenifer

Stuart Levy <slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu> wrote:
  On Sat, Feb 02, 2008 at 10:33:53AM -0800, Jenifer Cartwright wrote:
> Isn't McCain-Lieberman more likely? Evangies will vote for McCain over the
> Demos on the "values" issues -- gays and abortion -- regardless of his
> running mate. No other option.
> --Jenifer

Now *that*'s a frightening thought. If they ran together, they really
might win. And then an attack, even a nuclear attack, on Iran would
be just plain likely.

One of Derrick Jensen's (www.derrickjensen.org) comments this last Monday
was that he suspects G.W.Bush to be a closet Luddite. How else could he
have done so much to bring down the US empire? If there'd be any bright
side (I have to look for one) to such a McCain-Lieberman prospect,
it'd be that they would take us much further down that path.
But we would do terrible harm along the way...