[Peace-discuss] McCain-Lieberman

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Sat Feb 2 13:08:32 CST 2008

On Sat, Feb 02, 2008 at 10:33:53AM -0800, Jenifer Cartwright wrote:
> Isn't McCain-Lieberman more likely? Evangies will vote for McCain over the
> Demos on the "values" issues -- gays and abortion -- regardless of his
> running mate. No other option.
>    --Jenifer

Now *that*'s a frightening thought.   If they ran together, they really
might win.  And then an attack, even a nuclear attack, on Iran would
be just plain likely.

One of Derrick Jensen's (www.derrickjensen.org) comments this last Monday
was that he suspects G.W.Bush to be a closet Luddite.  How else could he
have done so much to bring down the US empire?  If there'd be any bright
side (I have to look for one) to such a McCain-Lieberman prospect,
it'd be that they would take us much further down that path.
But we would do terrible harm along the way...