[Peace-discuss] The Kennedys' fake liberalism... [reformatted]

Robert Dunn prorobert8 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 4 11:23:37 CST 2008

As Rush Limbaugh is so apt of saying, "you have to demonstrate absurdity sometimes by being absurd yourself." I am just trying to point out the inherent bigotry and paranoia of the American Liberal Left which many members of AWARE have succumbed to unfortunately. No one on the Right went into a frenzy when Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton ran for President. Did local liberals accuse you of having a direct line to the Vatican when you ran for Congress? Or did Tim Johnson for that matter?
My point was that liberals are even more guilty of gross generalizations about any devout Christian, whether Catholic or Protestant. Christianity contains much "progressive thought" however it goes against abortion on demand, supporting a single definition of the family, etc.
Will American Liberals provide any specific evidence of attempts of an evangelical "theocracy." I admit, I was being absurd, however, will Liberals admit that they are being absurd when they hem and haw about "separation of church and state" rather than fighting for a fairer and more just economy?
That is fact, pure fact!
Robert Dunn> Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 13:57:45 -0600> From: galliher at uiuc.edu> To: prorobert8 at hotmail.com> CC: laurie at advancenet.net; peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net> Subject: Re: [Peace-discuss] The Kennedys' fake liberalism... [reformatted]> > Come on, Robert. The leftists you describe exist only in Ann Coulter's fevered > imagination.> > You know it's not true that the leftists you knew in AWARE, for example, are "on > the side of theocrats" and "would rather see America under an Islamofascist > theocracy" -- or had "brethern in the old Soviet Union"!> > This is fantasy, my friend. --CGE> > > Robert Dunn wrote:> > How dare you try to insinuate that I am "worshipping" anything. Supporting or> > not supporting a candidate is not the same as "latria." How dare you say that> > I can not vote my conscience! My personal beliefs must be kept to myself.> > Bull, I say! No one tells you to keep your atheism to yourself! NO one wants> > a theocracy. The only people on the side of theocrats are you leftists! You> > would rather see America under and Islamofascist theocracy then having the> > old American Republic restored. We defeated your brethren in the old Soviet> > Union, and by the grace of God, we will redefeat the Left and put the final> > nail in its long awaited coffin! Robert Dunn>