[Peace-discuss] Re: [Discuss] Marriages to Police officers

Marti Wilkinson martiwilki at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 13:58:45 CST 2008

WCIA ran a story on it as well and are keeping mum on the officers identity.
The official reasoning behind this is because he was off - duty. Now a
search on property records does ID Al Johnston and Julia Rietz as being
homeowners in the 3000 block of Wynstone Drive. I'm going to give the media
the benefit of the doubt by suggesting that they would refrain from
revealing the officers identity if it were someone else.

That being said...I still believe that Julia's record as States Attorney
needs to be the deciding factor in how people choose to vote. Both Laurie
and John W. had excellent comments about the organizational culture that
pervades the various angles that law enforcement operates in.