[Peace-discuss] Green Party Ballot

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Mon Feb 4 14:06:33 CST 2008

On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 01:53:22PM -0600, Karen Medina wrote:
> On the Green ballot, for State's Attorney, the box says "No Candidate"
>
> You can take a look at a sample ballots when you check your registration status.
> https://www.champaigncountyclerk.com/elections/registration_status.html
> I guess they want you to get the appropriate ballot for your precinct.
>
> My green ballot is here (Champaign): https://www.champaigncountyclerk.com/elections/sample_ballots/feb2008/G10063.pdf

If I'm reading the Green all-county ballot
    http://champaigncountyclerk.com/elections/docs/2008/02_05_2008_fullspecimen_green.pdf
rightly, the only competitive race on it is for President:
Cynthia McKinney vs. three other Greens.  There are several good
Green Party people running for County Board seats (including in
my district), but it looks as though there are enough open seats
for each of them.

Does the number of people identifying as Green Party
in the primaries make any difference to the party's
eligibility etc. in future?  I know that general election
votes do matter, but what about at primary time?