[Peace-discuss] "Devotion and Love in Islamic Art" at Asian-American Cultural Center through next Friday -- and 2/13 reception

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Feb 8 02:46:35 CST 2008

[passing this along from May Xiong...]

What:  Devotion and Love in Islamic Art

Where: Asian American Cultural Center ("AACC"),
       1210 W. Nevada, Urbana 61801

When:
    Reception: next Wednesday, Feb. 13th, 6:00pm - 9:00pm

    Exhibit: now through Friday, Feb. 15th, 2008
	  (AACC is open Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri 8:30am - 5:00pm,
	   and Wednesday 8:30am - 9:00pm.)

Contact:
    aacc at uiuc.edu, or 217-333-9300

Come celebrate with food, friends and art at the Asian American
Cultural Center. We will have a reception for the Intercultural
Friendship Foundation's Islamic Art. There will be music,
demonstration and presentations about various forms of Islamic art
from marbling and calligraphy to geometric patterns and henna.

The mission of the Intercultural Friendship Foundation is to promote
dialogue, understanding and friendship by encouraging cross-cultural
interaction among the members of our community without any
discrimination of race, ethnicity, gender or faith.  The exhibit
is currently showing at the Asian American Cultural Center (AACC).
It will run until Feb. 15, 2008.

The AACC hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm
and Wednesday 8:30am - 9:00pm.  The reception will be on Wednesday,
February 13, 2008, from at 6:00pm to 9:00pm.

If you have questions about the event, please contact May at aacc at uiuc.edu or
217-333-9300.  The location will be at the AACC, 1210 W. Nevada St.,
Urbana, IL 61801.