[Peace-discuss] That was the day that was!

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 06:27:32 CST 2008

At 08:06 PM 2/7/2008, LAURIE SOLOMON wrote:

>Romney Quits Presidential
>Race
><http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/020708U.shtml>http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/020708U.shtml
>
>Michael Luo and Michael Cooper report for The New York Times that Mitt
>Romney made his final decision last night to suspend his campaign for
>president.

Look at Romney's reasoning:

   "This is not an easy decision for me. I hate to lose," Mr. Romney said.
"If I fight on in my campaign, all the way to the convention, I would
forestall the launch of a national campaign and make it more likely that
Senator Clinton or Obama would win. And in this time of war, I simply
cannot let my campaign, be a part of aiding a surrender to terror," he said
during the conference. Members of the audience shouted, "No!" as Mr. Romney
spoke.