[Peace-discuss] That was the day that was!

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Feb 8 11:18:39 CST 2008

On Fri, Feb 08, 2008 at 06:27:32AM -0600, John W. wrote:
> At 08:06 PM 2/7/2008, LAURIE SOLOMON wrote:
>
>> Romney Quits Presidential Race
>> http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/020708U.shtml
>>
>> Michael Luo and Michael Cooper report for The New York Times that Mitt
>> Romney made his final decision last night to suspend his campaign for
>> president.
>

> Look at Romney's reasoning:
>
>   "This is not an easy decision for me. I hate to lose," Mr. Romney said.
> "If I fight on in my campaign, all the way to the convention, I would
> forestall the launch of a national campaign and make it more likely that
> Senator Clinton or Obama would win. And in this time of war, I simply
> cannot let my campaign, be a part of aiding a surrender to terror," he said
> during the conference. Members of the audience shouted, "No!" as Mr. Romney
> spoke.

Yes.  It's fun to listen to our opponents rail at their opponents.
Romney was quoted on NPR yesterday as saying that if either Democrat
won this fall, then the US would withdraw from Iraq!
Couldn't have that...

Likewise I enjoyed hearing some snippet of one of the Repub. debates
where Romney (I think) was warning of the dangers of voting
for Huckabee, who would be sympathetic to illegal immigrants, etc.
To listen to him it made Huckabee sound like quite a decent guy.

:)

   Stuart