[Peace-discuss] ICPJ call for Proposals: Conference April 4-5 Chicago

Jan & Durl Kruse jandurl at insightbb.com
Fri Feb 8 20:14:20 CST 2008

A Call for Proposals:  The ICPJ membership is invited to submit
proposals for Workshops, Actions and Amendments to Structure for the
3rd Conference of the Illinois Coalition for Peace and Justice, April 4
and 5, 2008 in Chicago.

Please submit proposals in a one page format with the information
requested below. We encourage you to save supplemental and supporting
materials for the conference itself or submit as downloadable
attachments to your proposal.  Each proposal must have a sponsor and
sponsoring groups must be ICPJ members.  The deadline for proposals is
March 15, 2008.

WORKSHOP PROPOSALS

Re Workshop Proposals, it is our intention to provide a well rounded
group of workshops that represent the best that the Illinois Peace and
Justice movement has to offer.   The number of workshops is limited to
10 held simultaneously.  The time limit for workshops is 50 minutes.
Submissions for Workshop Proposals shall include, Title, Sponsoring
Group, Presenter(s), Description (including purpose), Intended
Audience, limitation on participants, if any plus name and contact
information for the individual submitter.

ACTION PROPOSALS

ICPJ Member groups regularly make action proposals that appear on our
action grid.  For this annual conference, we encourage the submission
of Actions that would entail large campaigns or broad participation or
formation of an ICPJ Working Group in order to succeed.  Bringing these
to the conference is one way to find a large, captive audience.
Proposals already on the grid may also be submitted to the conference.
Action/Working Group Proposals shall include Title, Sponsoring Group,
Description (recap), Location and Time, if applicable plus name and
contact information for the individual submitter.

AMENDMENT TO STRUCTURE PROPOSALS

Re structural changes, Illinois Coalition for Peace and Justice members
are encouraged to refer to the existing structure found on the ICPJ
website http://www.ilcpj.org/uploads/resources/1199558172.pdf,
familiarize themselves with the document and how the organization
works.  We welcome proposals for amendment so as to make the network
more efficient, transparent and representative or to clarify any
questions regarding procedure.
Amendments to structure proposal shall include Title (Include section
to be amended), Amendment Language, Purpose, Sponsoring Group plus name
and contact information for the individual submitter.

All proposals are to be sent via email to Laurel Lambert Schmidt at
resources at ilcpj.org or llambertschmidt at yahoo.com.  I will endeavor to
post them on ilcpj.org/resources>ICPJ>2008 Conference within a week of
their submission.
Call me if there are any questions
708.447.9577
773.991.8751 cell