[Peace-discuss] The "new anti-semitism" is back on campus

LAURIE SOLOMON LAURIE at ADVANCENET.NET
Wed Feb 13 11:17:36 CST 2008

David,

> While William Brustein is a prolific scholar,

Since when has it been the case that being a prolific scholar prevents one
from being a flaming asshole, a mental midget, a moral idiot, or an arrogant
and self-important bastard?  I think that history has more instances of
scholars and academics being apologists for those in power than of scholars
and academics being independent thinkers and critics.  It is interesting how
many in the Jewish community tend to like playing victim and have become
very good at it when it serves their interests to do so.

By the way, did new anti-semitism  (old and/or new) ever leave campus so as
to enable one to say it is back?  The real irony is that Palestinians are
Semites too along with the Jews; so what we have is semitic anti-semitism.
I personally, in the words of the Kingston Trio, don't like anyone very
much.  The friend and the enemy of my friend or enemy is my enemy -
potential or real.  Paranoia is sometimes rational.