[Peace-discuss] Re: [Peace] The "new anti-semitism" is back on campus

Marilyn Booth mbooth at uiuc.edu
Wed Feb 13 11:27:15 CST 2008

I have just sent the speaker a message protesting the content of the
poster. He immediately responded saying he had seen no poster and would
I send him the link, which I have done.

Marilyn Booth

David Green wrote:
> Friends,
>
> I received a postcard in the mail announcing a campus event on Feb.
> 27th, an image of which is to be found at
>
> http://www.jewishuiuc.org/templates/articlecco_cdo/aid/632321/jewish/The-New-Anti-Semitism.htm
>
> It depicts a Palestinian and another khaki-clad individual besmirching
> the flag of Israel, next to a photo of a Nazi death camp. As far as I
> know, there have never existed any death camps administered by Palestinians.
>
> While William Brustein is a prolific scholar, it appears that we are in
> for another equation of anti-Semitism and criticism of Israel. That is,
> an apologetic for Zionist criminality.
>
> Needless to say, I find this offensive, not to mention defamatory and
> racist. It can hardly be any more offensive, but given the historical
> moment, I fear that this is the case.
>
> David Green

> it now.
> <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51733/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ
>  >

*********************************
Marilyn Booth, D.Phil.

Director
Program in South Asian and Middle Eastern Studies
University of Illinois

221 International Studies Building
910 South Fifth Street
Champaign, IL 61820

	217-244-7331
	217 265-6399 fax
	psames at uiuc.edu
	http://www.psames.uiuc.edu

Associate Professor
Program in Comparative and World Literature
3080 Foreign Languages Building
707 South Mathews Avenue
Urbana IL  61801

	217-333-0023